Indie Award Narrows It Down
Americans cast thousands of votes for 171 nominees during the nominations phase of the eighth annual Independent We Stand Independent Small Business of the Year Award, also known as the Indie Award. Each year, Independent We Stand, a national small business movement, gives consumers the ability to honor locally owned businesses whose owners go out of their way to give back to their communities and provide a great customer experience.
Quarterfinalists in the Paint and Hardware sector included:
· A & B Paint Supply, a paint and supply shop in Peru, Ill.
· Caribou Jack’s Trading Co., a paint, hardware, and BBQ store in Soda Springs, Idaho
· H&H Supply, a plumbing, electrical and home supply store in Marion, Ky.
· Indian Trail Hardware, a hardware store in Indian Trail, N.C.
· K&K True Value Hardware, a hardware store in Bettendorf, Iowa
· Lakeland General Store, a hardware store in Pelican Rapids, Minn.
Quarterfinalists received a free lifetime Independent We Stand Premium Membership. The winner of the 2018 Indie Award will receive a prize package which includes:
· Branding, advertising and public relations makeover from independent advertising agency The Meridian Group, valued at $25,000
· $1,000 STIHL equipment certificate
· Plaque to display at winner’s business
· Public relations and social media recognition.
Semifinalist voting closed on December 16. To vote for the finalists please visit independentwestand.com/indies.
2019 Colors of the Year from PPG, Diamond Vogel
PPG’s 2019 honors go to Night Watch (PPG1145-7), described as a rich, luxurious, and classic shade of green allowing spaces to emulate the feeling of lush greenery and the healing power of nature. Night Watch’s versatility allows the color to be used in a variety of rooms and design segments from healthcare to commercial and residential design.
“The restorative power of nature is important in society now more than ever,” explains Dee Schlotter, PPG senior color marketing manager. “Night Watch is about bringing the healing power from the outdoors into your home through color. The dark green hue pulls our memories of natural environments to the surface to recreate the calming, invigorating euphoria we feel when in nature.” ppgvoiceofcolor.com
Diamond Vogel’s 2019 Color of the Year is Day Spa (0634), a saturated navy that connects spaces, cultures, and generations. Its flexibility delivers color that is comfortable in interiors or sets a mood of timeless luxury for exteriors. This powerful accent showcases one’s personal style and creates a dramatic backdrop for daily living. “This deep, introspective blue offers quiet reflection and a sense of security at a time we need it most,” explains Sandy Agar-Studelska, Diamond Vogel marketing manager. “Day Spa unites us with nature, as well as mind and body, and its ageless presence makes it versatile no matter the space. It pairs well with both warm and cool neutrals including grays and is a stunning standalone accent.” diamondvogel.com